Arrest over school ski trip fraud claim
A man was arrested on suspicion of fraud by detectives investigating a company behind school skiing trips that were cancelled at the last minute earlier this year.
Hundreds of students at schools in Devon, London, Berkshire, Kent, Surrey, Essex and Hertfordshire had their trips cancelled by Skiing Europe, based in Colyton, Devon, or were forced to cancel the holidays themselves because of fears they had no accommodation reserved in the resorts.
At the time, Skiing Europe blamed the schools for being behind in their payments, claims which were denied. Devon and Cornwall Police said they had arrested a man of 70 who was questioned at a police station in Exeter yesterday.
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...