Bristol motorist banned for driving 'under the influence of drum and bass'
Delivery driver Aaron Cogley, 25, was pulled over by police after taking a sharp turn and then running two sets of red lights
A Bristol motorist caught driving erratically was "high on drum and bass" a court has heard.
Delivery driver Aaron Cogley, 25, was pulled over by police after taking a sharp turn and then running two sets of red lights.
Bristol Crown Court was told Mr Cogley "cut up" a motorist and took a turn so sharply that his van rocked on its chassis.
According to Bristol's 'The Post' police carried out a breathalyser test and discovered Mr Cogley was completely sober.
When police asked him about his erratic driving he told them he was "listening to drum and bass [music] and was in a hurry."
David Miller, representing Mr Cogley - who pleaded guilty to the charge in Bristol Crown Court, argued that the defendant was "carried away because of the intoxicating effects of drum and bass music."
Mr Cogley was ordered to undertake 80 hours of unpaid work and was banned from driving for a year.
Passing sentence the Recorder Mr Kevin De Haan QC described drum and bass music as "intoxicating for some. Very irritating for others."
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran