Burglary suspect trapped by window
Wednesday 18 August 2010
A suspected burglar was left dangling when he got stuck trying to climb through a window. Firefighters had to remove the window frame at the house in east London to release the man.
Police were called to the home in Bow, after the householder spotted the man's head and upper body poking through the window. His legs were still dangling outside and it appeared his bottom had prevented the man from squeezing through.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "At 7.30am we were called to reports of a male found stuck in a downstairs window. It appears the resident had come down and found the man. He was stuck half in, half out."
A 36-year-old man from Bow was charged last night with burglary.
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly