Cocaine worth £1 million found in British-registered lorry at French Channel Tunnel entrance
Thursday 31 May 2012
Cocaine with an estimated street value of £1 million has been seized by officials after a lorry was stopped at the Channel Tunnel.
Border Force officers discovered 22lb (10 kilos) of the Class A drug in the fridge motor of the British-registered lorry's trailer at the tunnel's entrance at Coquelles in northern France.
A 45-year-old man from Dunkeld in Scotland has been bailed pending further inquiries by Border Force officials following the seizure on Tuesday, a spokesman said.
Carole Upshall, from Border Force, said: "Border Force officers are on constant alert to keep illegal drugs and other banned substances out of the UK."
Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
Californian drought is so severe it's 'causing the ground to move'
Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
- < Previous
- Next >