Colchester man charged with murder of partner left to be found by her four-year-old daughter
Saturday 07 September 2013
A man has been charged with the murder of his partner, whose body was discovered by her four-year-old daughter.
Kirsty Humphrey, 23, was pronounced dead at her flat in Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester, Essex, on Wednesday morning after neighbours called the emergency services.
Her daughter, who had attended school for the first time the previous day, made the initial discovery.
Neighbours reported hearing a commotion at the property earlier that day.
Essex Police said a post-mortem examination found Miss Humphrey had died from stab wounds to the neck and chest.
Paul Czapla, 24, of Queen Elizabeth Way, Colchester, has been charged with her murder and will appear before Chelmsford Magistrates' Court later on Saturday.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Pope Francis: ‘One in 50’ Catholic priests, bishops and cardinals is a paedophile
Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
Supermoon 2014 in pictures: The moon appeared bigger and brighter at the weekend
Saharan remains may be evidence of first race war, 13,000 years ago
Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...