Couple admit selling drugs to 'hit list' of celebrities
A couple were facing jail today after admitting supplying drugs to a "hit list" of celebrities including Amy Winehouse.
The charges against Johnny Blagrove, 34, and his 22-year-old girlfriend Cara Burton were triggered by a video secretly shot of the troubled Grammy award singer apparently smoking a crack pipe at a party at her flat.
The couple covertly filmed the Rehab singer, who can also be heard talking about taking Valium, and then sold it to The Sun newspaper earlier this year.
The video was then passed to the Crown Prosecution Service and officers raided the east London home of the couple, finding a "hit list" detailing the type and amounts of drugs to be supplied to various celebrities, Sean Larkin, prosecuting, said.
No charges were brought against Winehouse in relation to the video due to lack of evidence.
At Snaresbrook Crown Court today Blagrove pleaded guilty to two counts of offering to supply Class A drugs - cocaine and MDMA - and one count of offering to supply Class B, while Burton pleaded guilty to two counts of offering to supply Class B.
However the couple denied one charge each of conspiracy to supply Class A drugs which was dropped after it was accepted by the prosecution.
Adjourning the case until 28 November for pre-sentence reports Judge Tudor Owen said the couple were "at risk of a custodial sentence".
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist