Family plea after missing teenager Rachel Wilson's body found
Monday 16 July 2012
The family of a teenager murdered after going missing a decade ago made an emotional plea today as police confirmed they had found her body.
Vulnerable Rachel Wilson, 19, disappeared from Middlesbrough, where she was a sex worker, in May 2002.
Cleveland Police today confirmed that human remains found at Newham Hall Farm on the outskirts of the town were hers and said they have reopened the investigation into Rachel's death.
Speaking at a press conference at the force's headquarters in Middlesbrough, her mother, Tina Wilson, said: "For the last ten years we've been sure she'll come in the house. On Friday we found out she wouldn't.
"All I'm asking for is somebody that knows, come forward and let us know and let us find out what happened to Rachel."
VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
Bank Holiday Monday opening times: Are Tesco, Asda and other supermarkets open today?
Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
The nine most warmongering countries in the world revealed
Isis releases graphic video showing four Shia 'spies' being burned alive in Anbar, Iraq
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party