Father 'killed children in blaze rage'
A father killed his eight-year-old son and two teenage stepchildren in a house fire after he drunkenly accused his wife of flirting with a taxi driver, a court heard today.
Kevin Hargreaves, 38, flew into a rage at the children's mother when they returned home and then attempted to set himself alight with petrol, the court was told.
The blaze spread from the bedroom and rapidly engulfed the three-storey detached property in Beswick, Manchester, last July, a jury at Manchester Crown Court was told.
John Hargreaves, eight, and his stepbrother Jordan Swift, 14, died after they became trapped in a top-floor bedroom while Jordan's 19-year-old sister, Carly, also died after she dashed back into the house in the hope of saving the boys.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
French café starts charging extra to rude customers
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle Jang Song Thaek for 'attempting to overthrow the state'
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >