Father 'killed children in blaze rage'
A father killed his eight-year-old son and two teenage stepchildren in a house fire after he drunkenly accused his wife of flirting with a taxi driver, a court heard today.
Kevin Hargreaves, 38, flew into a rage at the children's mother when they returned home and then attempted to set himself alight with petrol, the court was told.
The blaze spread from the bedroom and rapidly engulfed the three-storey detached property in Beswick, Manchester, last July, a jury at Manchester Crown Court was told.
John Hargreaves, eight, and his stepbrother Jordan Swift, 14, died after they became trapped in a top-floor bedroom while Jordan's 19-year-old sister, Carly, also died after she dashed back into the house in the hope of saving the boys.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London