Father named in Wiltshire family deaths probe
Monday 03 September 2012
A man whose body was found next to his two dead sons in Wiltshire has been formally identified, police have confirmed.
A major investigation is under way following the deaths of Graham Gordon Anderson and two boys aged three and 11 in Tidworth.
Detectives say while they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident, it is being treated as suspicious.
The tragedy has sent shockwaves through the estate, where a police cordon remains in place.
Detective Chief Inspector Ian Saunders, who is leading the investigation, said Mr Anderson had been identified by a close relative and urged people to help piece together the tragic dad's final moments.
He said: "I am extremely keen for any sightings of Graham Anderson with the two children between Saturday August 25 and Saturday September 1.
"He was a regular bus user and I now need to trace his movements, and those of the boys during the week leading up to the discovery of their bodies at lunchtime yesterday."
The alarm was raised by Mr Anderson's landlady, who was due to show prospective new tenants around his flat in Auchinleck House, Sidbury Heights.
To her horror, she discovered the bodies of the father and his sons.
Det Chief Insp Saunders said the case was an extremely tragic one, adding officers were not looking at any third party involvement.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper