Five men wounded in shooting
An investigation was under way today after five men sustained gunshot wounds during a shooting incident, police said.
Officers were called to St James's Crescent in Brixton, south London at 8.50pm last night following reports of several gunshots.
Four men were taken to a south London hospital for treatment, while a fifth man presented himself to doctors soon after.
Two aged 24 and 23 remain in hospital in a stable condition, while three others aged 22, 21, and 16 were treated and later discharged, a Scotland Yard spokesman said.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police's Trident team are investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
Detective Constable Deryck Greer said: "This was an attack that left five young men in hospital and I would appeal for anyone with information to make contact with police at the earliest opportunity."
No arrests have yet been made.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8785 8580 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Kenya bus attack: Primary school head teacher plays dead to escape slaughter by Islamic extremists
Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'