Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel charged with child sex offences
Saturday 01 December 2012
Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel has been charged with historic child sex offences, police have said.
The 42-year-old, charged yesterday under his real name Andrew Watkinson, will appear in court later this month to face five counts of indecent assault on a child under 16, Merseyside Police said.
The actor, from Gateacre in Liverpool, is best known for his appearance as Frank Foster in the ITV soap Coronation Street.
He has been bailed to appear at South Sefton Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, December 19.
Merseyside Police said Watkinson has been charged under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- < Previous
- Next >