Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel charged with child sex offences
Saturday 01 December 2012
Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel has been charged with historic child sex offences, police have said.
The 42-year-old, charged yesterday under his real name Andrew Watkinson, will appear in court later this month to face five counts of indecent assault on a child under 16, Merseyside Police said.
The actor, from Gateacre in Liverpool, is best known for his appearance as Frank Foster in the ITV soap Coronation Street.
He has been bailed to appear at South Sefton Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, December 19.
Merseyside Police said Watkinson has been charged under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article