Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel charged with child sex offences
Saturday 01 December 2012
Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel has been charged with historic child sex offences, police have said.
The 42-year-old, charged yesterday under his real name Andrew Watkinson, will appear in court later this month to face five counts of indecent assault on a child under 16, Merseyside Police said.
The actor, from Gateacre in Liverpool, is best known for his appearance as Frank Foster in the ITV soap Coronation Street.
He has been bailed to appear at South Sefton Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, December 19.
Merseyside Police said Watkinson has been charged under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'