Hundreds line streets for Sian funeral
Monday 18 April 2011
Hundreds of people lined the streets today to pay their respects to nightclubber Sian O'Callaghan.
Wellwishers gathered in the Old Town area of Swindon - where she lived with her boyfriend and was last seen alive - as the funeral cortege passed slowly by with a police escort.
Wiltshire Police asked people to wait in either Bath Road, Devizes Road, Newport Street or Marlborough Road.
More than 500 had gathered in the Old Town area as the procession passed by.
A private service for around 90 close family and friends will follow at Kingsdown Crematorium.
The City of the Monkey God: Archaeologists claim to have found city lost for 1,000 years in remote Honduran jungle
Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
London property boom built on dirty money
Becky Watts: Stepbrother and his girlfriend named locally as two arrested on suspicion of murder
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw