Hunt for lodger after mother and daughter found dead
An international manhunt was under way for a lodger yesterday after a woman and her mother were found dead at the house where he lived.
Barry Morrow, 51, is believed to have arrived in France on the Dover to Calais ferry on Saturday after the discovery of the bodies of Angela Holgate, 54, and her mother Alice Huyton, 75, at the house in Southport, Merseyside. It is not known how they died and post-mortem examinations were due to be carried out last night.
Ms Holgate's white Citroen car is also missing. Police said the stocky lodger, an engineer, was also believed to have connections with Spain and had places there where he could stay.
Chief Superintendent Nikki Holland said officers were trying to piece together the movements of the two women over the past few weeks to try to find out what happened.
"In particular we are keen to trace Mr Morrow, who we believe may have vital information for this investigation," she said. He lived at the house for up to three years. Officers were carrying out house-to-house inquiries yesterday and forensic experts were searching the house.
Mrs Huyton was last seen on Friday when she left her home in Southport to visit her daughter who had been ill and not been seen out of the house for some time. Mrs Huyton's husband, thought to be in his 80s, was said to be "devastated".
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it