It's more than just penalty points: Peter Shilton faces court on drink-driving charge
England's most capped player arrested in Essex
Monday 11 March 2013
Former England goalkeeper Peter Shilton will appear in court later this month after being arrested for drink-driving, police said.
The 63-year-old was arrested outside the home of a female friend in Manor Road, Colchester, Essex, on February 24 after being found to be driving with excess alcohol in his system.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "A 63-year-old man will appear at Colchester Magistrates' Court on March 19."
Shilton, of Kenilworth, Warwickshire, is England's most capped player, having made 125 appearances for his country.
Shilton played more than 1,000 competitive matches for 11 different clubs including Stoke City, Nottingham Forest, Derby and Southampton, throughout his career.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing