Lawyer for shot Russian banker to meet UK detectives
Friday 20 April 2012
The lawyer of the Russian banker who was shot and seriously injured in a suspected contract hit in east London was due to arrive in Britain last night to meet Scotland Yard detectives.
German Gorbuntsov, 45, remains critically ill under armed guard at an undisclosed hospital after being shot near his luxury apartment in the financial district of Canary Wharf last month.
Vadim Vedenin, his lawyer, has linked the attack to the attempted murder in Moscow in 2009 of another banker, Alexander Antonov. Mr Gorbuntsov was due to speak to Russian investigators, naming people he believed to be behind the attack.
Mr Vedenin said: "I will answer all of their [Scotland Yard's] questions but it's hard to say yet that we're happy with the investigation, we'll be happy when the people responsible are brought to justice."
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
Trenton Oldfield deportation: Boat Race protester allowed to stay in UK over fears his Indian wife would face racism in Australia
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
Housing double whammy: A whole generation ‘won’t be able to buy or rent a home’
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >