Man arrested after two women found dead
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the bodies of two women were found at a house.
Police were called to the address on Holdgate Close in Hulme, Manchester, around 7.20pm on Tuesday.
The bodies of two women, aged 57 and 34, were found.
A post-mortem examination is due to take place today to establish a cause of death.
A 57-year-old man present at the address was arrested on suspicion of murder.
A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said: "Inquiries into the circumstances surrounding this incident are ongoing."
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity