Man charged after woman found dead
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was found dead in a house.
The body of Denise Skilbeck was discovered at a property in The Wharf area of Newark on Wednesday evening.
A post mortem showed she died of a head injury, a spokesman for Nottinghamshire Police said.
He added: "Gary Spalding, 34, of The Wharf, Newark, has been charged with Miss Skilbeck's murder."
The police cordon, which had been in place around the house, has now been lifted.
Miss Skilbeck had lived in Newark for several years, although she is originally from Oxfordshire.
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters