Man dies after doorstep attack
Saturday 07 January 2012
A man has died after being attacked by two men in his home.
The 65-year-old man was assaulted after answering the door of his flat in Brighton last night.
He was treated by ambulance staff after his partner called just after 10pm to say he had been attacked by the men.
He died a short time later at his flat in Caledonian Court, Caledonian Road, Sussex Police said.
Detective chief inspector Nick May said: "A man tragically died after an altercation last night. We believe he answered the door of his home at about 10pm to two men who confronted him.
"They barged into his home and a fight broke out. The motive of the attack is being investigated. No weapons were seen and after a short time the men left and may have been seen running through Caledonian Court.
"Following the attack the victim died a short time later at his home.
"A post mortem is expected to take place tomorrow to confirm the cause of his death. At this time we are treating this as a murder inquiry."
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >