Man dies in shooting after Bristol carnival
Monday 04 July 2011
One man was killed and two other people were injured by gunfire at a pub in Bristol shortly after the end of a carnival attended by tens of thousands of revellers.
The dead man, aged 23, was shot outside the Coach House pub in the St Pauls area. The injured, a man and a woman, were being treated at Bristol Royal Infirmary.
Detective Superintendent Sue Scott, leading the investigation, said police are trying to establish the motive for the killing and what connection the injured people had with the dead man.
They were also looking into whether there was a connection between the carnival and the shootings. "Because of the St Pauls Carnival, there were a lot of people out and about having a pleasant evening," she said. "We can't rule out a connection."
A man in his twenties has been arrested in connection with the shooting.
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God