Man held over stab attack on girlfriend
Sunday 16 December 2012
Police have arrested a man wanted on suspicion of trying to murder his girlfriend.
Michael Bennison, 28, was arrested in York tonight after police issued appeals to find him.
He is being held in police custody on suspicion of attempted murder after his 27-year-old girlfriend was stabbed in York on Friday afternoon.
The woman was taken to hospital after she was attacked at an address on Healey Grove, in the Huntington area of the city, at around 1pm on Friday.
She was said to be in a stable condition after being treated for multiple wounds, including a punctured lung.
Police thanked the people who helped with the search.
Detective Inspector Shaun Page, of North Yorkshire Police, said: "I would like to convey my thanks to the media and the many members of the public who have contributed to the search and helped us to locate Bennison."
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London