Man killed in double shooting in Leeds
Friday 08 November 2013
One man was killed and another seriously injured after a double shooting.
The pair were attacked inside a house in Leeds at around 5.30pm tonight.
They were both taken to hospital but one of the victims, 21, was pronounced dead a short time later.
A 31-year-old man is being treated for serious wounds to his lower body.
The incident took place on Blue Hill Crescent in the Wortley area of west Leeds.
Detective Superintendent Simon Beldon, of West Yorkshire Police, said: "At this time our investigations are at a very early stage and forensic examinations are taking place at the scene.
"We believe that the shots were fired inside the property, however inquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.
"The nature of this incident suggests it was a targeted and isolated attack and a team of detectives are currently working hard to quickly identify those responsible for this serious crime.
"Neighbourhood policing team officers are also patrolling the local area, speaking to residents and responding to any concerns they may have."
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on the non emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'