Middlesbrough man found with 'penis cut off' too distressed to speak
Man was found with wounds to his groin area on the A66 in Middlesbrough
A man who had his penis severed in a horrific attack is too distressed to speak about what happened, police have said.
The 40-year old remains in hospital after being found with "wounds to his groin area" on the A66 in Middlesbrough on 13 March.
It is understood police investigating the case were unable to carry out a detailed interview at the weekend because the victim remains in a distressed state.
A 22-year-old man was arrested in connection with the attack and remains on police bail.
A Cleveland Police spokesperson said: "We are looking at various lines of inquiry.
"However we have still to obtain an account from the man who remains in hospital and in a stable condition.
"We would ask anyone with information to contact us as this may help progress our inquiries."
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters