Murder-accused husband had 'gymnastic sex' with other woman

Click to follow
The Independent Online

A newlywed who killed his wife after five months of marriage enjoyed "gymnastic" sex sessions with another woman, a court heard today.

Michael Roberts, 27, killed wife Vicky, 25, on November 29 last year.

He denies murder and claims his wife died accidentally during a sex game in which he throttled her with a cord at their flat in Runcorn, Cheshire.

Today, Kerrie Hall, told Liverpool Crown Court she began seeing Roberts, a colleague at Phones4U in November 2008 and developed "a purely sexual" relationship.

Ms Hall said Roberts would regularly visit her home where they slept together before and after he married.

Asked what her memories were of the sex, she said: "That it was always gymnastic, there was always lots of action, he never stayed in one spot.

"It was all over the place.

"I have never done anything like that before.

"It was new to me so I was trusting him with what was going on."

The pair first kissed after a work social in Chester in November 2008 and ended up handcuffed to each other.

Ms Hall said she wanted fun at first, was equally "up for it" but was devastated when he got married as her feelings had developed.

The 31-year-old said Roberts had twice squeezed her neck during sex when she was close to climax.

And he had once squeezed so hard that he left a bruise.

Though saying she was "very open-minded" and "would have done anything to him pretty much", Ms Hall did not like to be throttled.

"I didn't like it at all and told him to get off me," she said.

She added: "He bruised me quite a few times, mainly around my breasts.

"He bit my nipple so hard once that it actually cracked."

David Steer QC, prosecuting, has told the eight men and four women of the jury that Roberts had a bag of sex toys.

Ms Hall acknowledged she had her own collection of sex toys, and that Roberts once tied her up.

After killing his wife the defendant wrapped up her body and stored it in their garage.

The Crown say he used her mobile phone to send messages creating the illusion she had left him for another man.

When police discovered the body - in Roberts's presence - he ran off and hid out in hotels for several days before he was found in Wrexham on Sunday December 6.

Being arrested he told police: "I didn't mean to do it."

Roberts, who managed a shop in Winsford, last cheated on his wife with Ms Hall in September 2009, she said.

The following month he began another affair with another Phones4U employee, Karen Wilson.

The 26-year-old left her fiance, who managed the business's Colwyn Bay store, for Roberts.

A week before he killed his wife, Roberts told his lover he had ended his marriage for her, she said.