Pensioner gets radio Asbo
Wednesday 11 April 2012
An 87-year-old woman was given an interim anti-social behaviour order (Asbo) for playing her radio too loud and banging her walking stick on the wall.
Georgina Sims was handed the order after neighbours complained about the noise at her home in Martello Close, Gosport, Hampshire. She was initially given a noise-abatement notice by Gosport Borough Council but after she failed to comply she was given an interim Asbo in October, it was revealed yesterday. The council withdrew its application for a full Asbo when Ms Sims moved.
A council spokeswoman pointed to, "the serious effect her conduct has had over many months on the health of her immediate neighbours".
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran