Police launch investigation after man's body found in Kidderminster pond
Police have launched an investigation after the body of a man was found in a pond in Kidderminster this morning.
West Mercia Police said the unidentified man was discovered in the water near Chaucer Street.
The scene has been cordoned off by officers while investigation work is carried out, the force added.
A statement released on the force's Twitter page said: "This investigation is at an early stage and it is unlikely that any further information will be released today."
Residents said they were shocked at the incident, especially at this time of year.
Rachel Cadwallader, an 88-year-old great-grandmother-of-two, told the Express & Star: "I got up late because I had a lie-in and at first I thought there must have been an accident on the corner.
"I was watching and waiting to see what it was. This is not something you expect to happen at all, and certainly not on Boxing Day."
Additional reporting by Press Association
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >