Rapper Dappy charged over fight
Wednesday 02 May 2012
N-Dubz rapper Dappy has been charged with affray after a fight at a petrol station left three men with serious facial injuries.
The singer was arrested on March 12 following the incident on the forecourt of a Shell garage in Woodbridge Road, Guildford, in the early hours of February 28.
Dappy and a 27-year-old man allegedly approached two girls and three men and asked the girls to go with them.
When they refused, one of the rejected men allegedly spat at one of the girls.
A fight then allegedly broke out between Dappy and his friend and another group of up to six men.
Surrey Police said the singer was charged under the name Dino Costas Contostavlos at a police station last night.
Three other men have also been charged with affray in relation to the incident.
Surrey Police named the men as Kieran Patrick Vassell, 24, of Hammersmith, London, Kalonji David Stewart, 31, of Harborne, Birmingham, and Alfred James Miller, 27, of Brentford, Middlesex.
All four have been bailed to appear before Guildford Magistrates' Court on Thursday, May 24.
Dappy, who performed in N-Dubz alongside his cousin and X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos, and Richard 'Fazer' Rawson, has recently seen success as a solo artist and recorded with Queen guitarist Brian May.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >