Rehab clinic Gascoigne misses drink-drive court
One-time World Cup star Paul Gascoigne missed his sentencing for drink-driving today because he is in rehab.
The 43-year-old was due before Newcastle Magistrates' Court after he admitted driving while four times the limit last month.
District Judge Stephen Earl adjourned the case until December 9 after hearing Gascoigne had voluntarily checked himself into a clinic on the south coast.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures