Rottweiler attack: Toddler seriously hurt in Rotherham
Tuesday 06 August 2013
A toddler is being treated for serious injuries in hospital tonight after being bitten by a Rottweiler.
South Yorkshire police said the two-year-old girl was injured in Rawmarsh, Rotherham, shortly before 10am today.
Police said the dog, believed to be a family pet, had been on a lead when the attack happened.
The victim had been with a woman and the dog at the time.
A police spokesman said: "The girl was taken by ambulance to Rotherham District General Hospital suffering from what are believed to be serious injuries to her head and to her leg.
"She has since been transferred to Sheffield Children's Hospital."
The dog has been taken to a secure kennel facility whilst police inquiries continue into the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Officers described the girl's condition as stable and not life-threatening.
Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
How China's richest man Li Hejun lost $15bn in an hour - and made a fortune
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women