Silly string sprayed at Fiona Bruce
Friday 05 August 2011
Two men were arrested and fined after spraying the newsreader and television presenter Fiona Bruce with aerosol string during filming of an episode of the Antiques Roadshow.
Devon and Cornwall Police said the two men, aged 42 and 32, were arrested for common assault after targeting the presenter as she was making an episode of the popular BBC show at Hartland Abbey, near Bideford in north Devon, on 7 July. The men were each issued with a £80 fine.
A BBC spokeswoman said neither the corporation nor Ms Bruce, who started presenting the show in 2008, would comment on the arrests.
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- < Previous
- Next >