Steve Coogan faces driving ban threat
Thursday 10 May 2012
Comedian Steve Coogan is facing trial over a speeding offence which could see him banned from the road.
The 46-year-old actor is accused of failing to tell police who was driving his car which was caught doing more than 30mph in Kingsway, Hove, East Sussex, on October 12 last year.
Coogan, who lives in Ovingdean, Brighton, and did not attend Brighton Magistrates' Court today, entered not guilty pleas through his solicitor Andrew Bishop to speeding and failing to notify police as to who was driving his Range Rover.
If convicted, he could receive six points on his licence, which is expected to take him over the 12-point limit for disqualification.
Coogan, who became a household name with his alter-ego Alan Partridge, is expected to argue exceptional hardship if this is the case.
The case was adjourned for trial on July 16, when Coogan will give evidence.
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat