Teacher to be sentenced over pupil
Friday 02 September 2011
A senior female teacher who had a sexual relationship with a teenage pupil will be sentenced today.
Suzanne Harrison, 38, a former director at Suffolk One in Ipswich, admitted four sex offences against the 15-year-old girl over a seven-month period at an earlier hearing at Ipswich Crown Court.
The offences are believed to have been committed while she was working at a former school in Colchester.
Harrison also previously taught at Otley College, Suffolk, before joining Suffolk One which has hundreds of students aged 16 to 19.
At the previous hearing Judge David Goodin warned Harrison that a prison term could not be ruled out.
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds