Teenager dies in police chase crash
A teenager died and three others were injured when a car crashed into a wall as it was being pursued by police.
Norfolk Constabulary said the silver Ford Fiesta was reported stolen two days before the incident, which happened shortly after midnight in Caister, near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
The front seat passenger, a 15-year-old male, was pronounced dead at the scene in the high street.
Police said in a statement: "Immediately prior to the collision, the car failed to stop for police officers who were in the area responding to reports of an aggravated burglary.
"It has since been established that the vehicle had been reported stolen from the Bradwell area two days earlier."
The 17-year-old male driver suffered serious injuries while the two other passengers - an 18-year-old male and 17-year-old female - suffered minor injuries.
They have been arrested on suspicion of burglary, according to the police.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary are investigating the collision, which has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Tennis star is set to marry his long-term girlfriend, Kim Sears
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football