Teenager fatally stabbed in east London
From the blogs
Time for the monthly treat from David Hayes, who writes about British politics for the Australian In...
Cask ale brewers don’t come much bigger than Marston’s. In fact the brewery, which also owns thousan...
Nadine Dorries talks freely about many things, but not whether she was paid to go on I'm a Cleberity...
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
A murder investigation was launched after a teenager was fatally stabbed last night, police said today.
Officers discovered the 17-year-old boy after they were called to reports of a fight outside the Showcase Cinema, in Beckton, east London, at 8.45pm.
The youth, who was suffering from a stab wound, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two more teenagers - aged 15 and 16 - were arrested nearby and taken into custody.
They remained at separate east London police stations today.
The victim has yet to be formally identified. Next of kin were being informed.
A post-mortem examination is due to take place at 1pm at East Ham Mortuary, Scotland Yard said.
Detective Inspector Ian Goldsborough, the investigating officer from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC), said: "We believe there will have been people in the area, either going to or from the Showcase cinema or the nearby restaurant, that may have seen or heard the incident that has lead to the tragic death of a teenager.
"We are appealing to them, or anyone else that was in the area at the time of the incident to contact us and lets us know what they saw or heard."
Officers were keeping an open mind as to a possible motive.
Anyone with any information should call police on 020 8345 4142 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria