Teenagers freed in concert stabbing probe

Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of murdering a man who was stabbed after leaving an open air music concert were today released on bail without charge pending further investigation, police said.

The 38-year-old victim, who has not been named, died late on Saturday after watching the Concert in the Park, which featured The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, in Southend, Essex, police said.

Detectives think that he had left the concert and gone to find his car when he became involved in an argument with a number of men. Police said he was found collapsed near the park.

A spokesman said two men, aged 18 and 19 and both from Southend, were released after being arrested on suspicion of murder. He said both were due to answer bail on August 6.

Police said the victim was from the South Woodham Ferrers area of Essex and had been at the concert with his partner, her teenage children and friends. None of them had witnessed the incident.