Three questioned over 'tiger kidnapping'
Three men were questioned today after an armed gang held a man hostage while his partner handed over a ransom demand.
Another couple and two children were also detained at gunpoint as part of the so-called tiger kidnapping.
Four armed and masked men forced their way into a house in the south of Belfast last night and ordered a woman to go to her place of work on Boucher Road and remove cash from a safe, police said.
Her partner was taken hostage, driven off in a van while the other couple and the two children stayed at the house. After the money was handed over to some of the gang who followed the woman, the man was released unharmed.
A police spokeswoman said three men were later arrested in connection with the police investigation into the kidnapping.
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly