Twin brothers charged with gun murder
From the blogs
Time for the monthly treat from David Hayes, who writes about British politics for the Australian In...
Cask ale brewers don’t come much bigger than Marston’s. In fact the brewery, which also owns thousan...
Nadine Dorries talks freely about many things, but not whether she was paid to go on I'm a Cleberity...
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
Twin brothers were charged today with the murder of a father-of-two who was gunned down as he opened his front door.
Brett Francis and Jordan Francis are accused of killing Amran Khan at his home in Oldham, Greater Manchester.
Mr Khan, 29, was shot three times as he went to investigate a disturbance outside his house in Nugget Street on the evening of September 19.
He died at the Royal Oldham Hospital, leaving a wife and two daughters, aged one and four.
The Francis brothers, aged 26, of Birch Avenue, Oldham, will appear before magistrates in the town later today.
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order