Two held after body found in Swansea
Friday 07 January 2011
Police launched a murder investigation after a body was found in the centre of Swansea in the early hours of today.
Two men, aged 33 and 37, were arrested and are being questioned in connection with the death at police stations in Swansea and Bridgend.
The body was discovered at 4am in Portland Street, Swansea, a South Wales Police spokesman said.
The gender of the victim has not yet been released.
The death is being treated as murder and an incident room has been set up at Cockett police station.
Superintendent Phil Davies of Swansea Central police station said: "The public will notice a heightened police presence in and around Swansea city centre which is part of the ongoing investigation.
"I would like to reassure the public that a full police investigation is under way and that two arrests have been made in connection with the incident."
Police are appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident to contact the incident room on 01792 562 732 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- < Previous
- Next >