Two held after man shot in head leaving pub
Two people were being questioned by police today on suspicion of murder after a man was shot in the head as he left a pub.
Bahman Farjar, aged 44, had just stepped out of the Belgrave pub in Aigburth, Liverpool, with friends when he was targeted at point-blank range by a lone gunman.
A post mortem examination revealed that he died of a single gunshot wound to the head, during the incident on Thursday night.
A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: "Police have arrested a 48-year-old female and a 53-year-old male, both from the Garston area, on suspicion of murder.
"Both remain in police custody."
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'