Two remanded over ticket inspector stabbing
Monday 19 December 2011
Two people have been remanded in custody after a rail ticket inspector was stabbed in the back.
Charles Culley, 19, of Darwin Road, Tilbury, Essex, has been charged with wounding and common assault.
A 17-year-old, also from Tilbury, was charged with wounding, common assault and possession of a bladed article.
Both appeared before Basildon Magistrates' Court today where they entered no plea.
They will appear before Basildon Crown Court on March 9.
The inspector, 42, was attacked just before 9pm on Friday after challenging two youths travelling without tickets at East Tilbury station.
The inspector was taken to Basildon University Hospital, where he received three stitches for his wound before being discharged.
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Sarah Vine on Jack Monroe being a lesbian mother: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
Michael Brown shooting: Ten things we know – or know better – now the Ferguson grand jury's work is over
Ferguson riots: The most powerful images to emerge from protests over Michael Brown killing
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'