Bid to block Shannon report
Thursday 18 October 2012
The father of the abducted schoolgirl Shannon Matthews is asking the High Court to block publication of a report he believes will compromise her welfare.
A QC representing Leon Rose told Mr Justice Holman that if a "redacted" version of a serious case review is made public it would cause his daughter "upheaval".
Shannon disappeared in February 2008 from her home in Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire. She was discovered 24 days later at her stepfather's uncle's home near by. In January 2009 her mother, Karen, was jailed for eight years. Michael Donovan, in whose flat the nine-year-old was found, was also jailed for eight years.
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...