Black Friday: Watch over 30 television sets disappear in under two minutes at Tesco store in Yorkshire

Police were called to the store after fights were reported at midnight last night

Click to follow

Footage has emerged that shows dozens of ‘Black Friday’ shoppers fighting over television sets in chaotic scenes captured at a Tesco supermarket in West Yorkshire.

The video that was filmed by a shopper at the Tesco store in the town of Batley last night, shows over 20 Samsung televisions disappear in just a matter of minutes as eager bargain hunters wrestled one another to secure the heavily discounted sets.

According to reports, police were soon called to the store as a number of altercations broke out at around 11.50pm on Thursday night.

Video courtesy of Newsflare

The store became so busy at one point that staff had to block the escalators to stop over-crowding.

Despite the chaos, police reported that no one had been arrested or injured.

The Tesco in Batley was not the only Tesco supermarket that was subject to scenes of ‘Black Friday’ pandemonium last night.

As the prices went down, tensions rose, and there were a number of other incidents reported in Tescos up and down the country.

Seven Tesco stores in the Greater Manchester area saw disorder, while hundreds reportedly tried to storm the Wigan branch.

Video: Mash-up of the mayhem at Tesco  

The Tesco in Walkden had to be closed down due to overcrowding. The Tesco Extra in Stretford was shut just half an hour after opening its doors after fights broke out between shoppers and a woman was injured by a falling television.

Following the chaos, a Tesco source insisted they "work closely" with police and take guidance on security measures in stores, adding: "We will work with them following this event to make any improvements for next year."

A Tesco spokesperson said: "Over 600 Tesco stores have Black Friday offers available in store.

"In the interest of customer safety a small number of these stores contacted police last night to help control crowds safely and stores are now trading normally."