A British soldier was killed by a roadside bomb while on operations in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence said.
The soldier, from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment, was attempting to secure an area in the north of Nad-e Ali when he was hit by the improvised explosive device yesterday.
His family has been told.
Task Force Helmand spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel David Eastman, said: "The soldier was part of ongoing operations to secure an area in the north of Nad-e Ali when he was hit by an improvised explosive device.
"He was at the forefront of the fight to bring peace and stability to Afghanistan, putting his life on the line to secure our nation.
"We salute his bravery and our thoughts are very much with his family and friends at this sad time."
On Friday the MoD announced that a soldier from 1st Battalion The Royal Irish Regiment, had been killed in an "operational accident".
He was also serving in the Nad-e Ali district of Helmand.
A total of 352 UK military personnel have now died since operations in Afghanistan began in 2001, including 42 who have died as a result of accidents, illness, non-combat injuries or who have not yet officially been assigned a cause of death.Reuse content