Camerons dodge cameras to resume Cornish holiday
Saturday 28 August 2010
Samantha and Florence Cameron evaded the cameras when they left hospital in Truro, Cornwall, yesterday afternoon, after three nights in the maternity wing.
The Prime Minister's wife had been at the Royal Cornwall Hospital since giving birth to Florence Rose Endellion by Caesarean section on Tuesday. The baby, who weighed 6lb 1oz, caught the family by surprise during their holiday in Cornwall, arriving two weeks early. Mother and child left via a back door and were driven away in a people carrier with blacked-out windows, part of a three-vehicle convoy. Downing Street said the family would resume their holiday.
Florence's middle name, Endellion, refers to the village of St Endellion on the north Cornish coast, near where the Camerons were staying.
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...