Fake fox is on the menu on a delayed Boxing Day
Tuesday 28 December 2010
Delayed boxing Day hunts, such as the East Sussex and Romney Marsh Hunt – pictured making its way through the streets of Battle in East Sussex – went ahead yesterday, despite many meets being cancelled due to the freezing conditions and snow.
As hunting never takes place on Sundays, half of the 300 post-Christmas hunts were pushed back 24 hours.
Fox hunting was outlawed in 2005, so hounds must chase an artificial scent.
However, David Cameron has said a free vote on the repeal of the Act will be held, but probably not until 2012.
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a leading company in the field ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£26041 - £34876 per annum: Recruitment Genius: There has never been a more exc...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...