Girl dies in hang-gliding crash
Saturday 29 October 2011
A 16-year-old girl has died after a hang gliding crash, police said today.
The incident, in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, is being investigated by officers from Derbyshire Constabulary and the Air Accidents Investigation Branch.
A police spokesman said: "At approximately 13.45 on Friday 28 October, a hang glider crashed to the ground during a training flight at Darley Moor, Ashbourne.
"Unfortunately the 16-year-old pilot died from her injuries shortly afterwards at Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham.
"Police are working with air accident investigators to determine the cause of this tragedy." PA
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...