Hello, goodbye for bogus Beatles fans from Brazil
Saturday 23 August 2003
A group of Brazilians claiming to be going to a Beatles festival in Liverpool were refused entry to the UK by Heathrow airport immigration officers on Thursday after failing basic questions about the band.
Six fans out of72 people touring from Rio de Janeiro to the Mathew Street Festival were turned away after failing questions such as: "Who is Yoko Ono?" and "Is Ringo Starr dead?" Officers looking out for illegal immigrants from Brazil had Portuguese-speaking colleagues ask questions about the band.
The Home Officesaid: "Anyone trying to enter the UK must satisfy officers that they meet immigration rules. If they say they're here for a particular event, officers will check that's really the case."
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Stuck In A Rut? ...
£38000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits & Bonus: Pro-Recruitment Group:...
£400 - £450 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: E-commerce Business Analyst Or B...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...