A British photographer injured in a roadside blast in Afghanistan is in a stable condition in hospital, a spokeswoman said.
Giles Duley underwent multiple amputations after the blast in Kandahar on Monday, before being flown back to the UK.
The 39-year-old was embedded with US troops when he was critically injured by an improvised explosive device (IED).
He was jetted back to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham for further surgery.
Today a hospital spokeswoman said Mr Duley was in a "stable condition" in its critical care unit.
London-born Mr Duley, a photographer and journalist specialising in humanitarian issues, has worked with Medecins sans Frontieres as well as a host of other charities.
He previously spent 10 years as an editorial photographer in the fashion and music industries in both the US and Europe.
The freelancer also worked with the Camera Press agency in London.
A spokesman for the agency said: "In Afghanistan he had initially intended to cover the plight of bomb victims, but an opportunity presented itself to join frontline action with the US army; an offer that the true photojournalist within him couldn't resist."
In January last year, Rupert Hamer, defence correspondent of the Sunday Mirror, became the first British journalist to be killed in Afghanistan when the armoured vehicle in which he was travelling was hit by a roadside bomb.
Philip Coburn, a photographer with the same newspaper, suffered severe leg injuries.Reuse content