Postman admits stealing 76,000 letters
Thursday 13 May 2010
A postman is facing jail after stealing so much mail he was forced to move out of his flat where he had stashed it.
Paul Noga, 38, of Ashington, Northumberland, admitted taking more than 76,000 letters and packages in the two years up to September 2009.
He will be sentenced next month after pleading guilty at Newcastle Crown Court to theft, delaying or opening post, criminal damage and arson. The court heard yesterday that Noga locked up his flat and moved in with his mother when his home became overcrowded with stolen post.
By the time police searched the premises, virtually every surface was covered. Judge Brian Forster warned the postman he faced jail when he is sentenced on 25 June.
Royal Mail said it would only comment when the case was completed.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£32000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Desktop Support (client facing, 1st/2nd Li...
£65000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Support Analyst (Back Office, CRM, Sharepo...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: QA Tester Automation R...
£24000 - £24250 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...