Pumpkin brag: what a carve up!
The recession has seen fewer folk leaving their carved pumpkins on the front doorstep (they'll be nicked!), so jack-o'-lantern artists have looked elsewhere to show off their designs: social networking. And there has been plenty of pumpkin bragging (pumpkinbrag?) this week.
As ever, topical designs are popular; we've seen Obama and Romney lanterns (with the carver's political leanings determining how friendly or sinister their creation).
Teenage girls are branding their pumpkins with their favourite member of One Direction, while other music fans have carved "Gangnam Style". But the winner of the most of-the-moment pumpkin? Superstorm Sandy, of course.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...