The day that Tower Bridge was raised for a rubber duck
(Mind you, it was 50ft tall...)
Tuesday 11 December 2012
Motorists queuing for Tower Bridge to raise in London today were worried they were quacking up. Sailing by was a giant rubber duck that left the bath behind for the River Thames.
Workers in tower blocks stopped work as it was hauled by a tug in a stunt by a bingo company's launch of a a bursary rewarding daft and entertaining ideas.
And the voyage of the giant duck (50ft high and 60ft long) certainly brought plenty of smiles as it carried on past the Tower of London - even if it bemused Twitter users along the river banks.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Trenton Oldfield deportation: Boat Race protester allowed to stay in UK over fears his Indian wife would face racism in Australia
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
attractive: Citifocus: Prestigious Investment Management Company seeks a finan...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + Package + Bonus: Harrington Starr: ETRM Project Ma...
attractive: Citifocus: and complete all required maintenance, to monitor and c...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Operations Analyst (SQL, UNIX, L...